Here at ebook designs we help a wide range of clients, from experienced publishing agents to first time authors. Whilst some of the people we work with are seasoned pros when it comes to publishing a title on Amazon, we appreciate that this doesn’t apply to everyone. Although we’ve no desire to move into the publishing arena, we’re always more than happy to offer a few pointers to any would be self-published writers.
Once we’ve completed a project, one of the questions we get asked the most is “How do I Publish a Kindle ebook on Amazon?” The answer is actually really straight-forward and the whole process only takes a few minutes, so I thought I’d put a blog post together outlining the steps:
- First up, head over to kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin
- If you already have an Amazon account, you can use this to sign in, if not simple go through the sign-up process to create your username and password and then sign in.
- Once signed in you’ll see a large yellow button that says “Add new title” – click this to get started.
- The next part is pretty intuitive, you’ll be asked to enter details about your book. The fields are pretty self explanatory and cover things like the description and any keywords that Amazon customers might use to find your book. If you do get stuck, just let us know and we’ll be happy to talk you through it.
- There are several screens like this and, once you’ve entered all of the information, you’ll eventually arrive at a screen that asks you to upload your cover file and the actual book file. Click on the button to upload the cover, locate the file on your local machine and click ‘upload’.
- Next, it’s time to upload the actual book, so this time click on the button to upload the book and find the .mobi file on your computer, click ‘upload’ and you’re almost done.
- Finally, once everything is uploaded you can either save as a draft, while you review everything, or go to the next screen and enter pricing information before you hit publish and go live.
If that sounds really easy it’s because it is! Whilst some publishers may wish to shroud the process in a mist of secrecy just to justify their cut of the royalties, our aim is to make things as simple as possible.
Do you have a book you’d like to publish on Kindle? Then please contact us today to find out how we can help you to make it happen.